If the 'Overheating safety cutout' icon is lighting up on your HOTTAP V2
If your HOTTAP V2 keeps turning off and the 'Overheating safety cutout' icon is showing up on the Help Monitor, find out what to do.
- The HOTTAP V2 will turn off once the outlet water temperature gets above 50°C/ 120°F.
- This is a safety feature to prevent scalding.
The HOTTAP V2 is designed to be used with a source water temperature of 20°C/ 68°F or below. If the temperature of the outlet water exceeds 50°C/ 120°F the burners will shut off. You will need to turn the water flow off and back on to reignite the burners.
Overheating safety cutout
What it means
The ‘Overheating safety cutout’ icon means that the water temperature got above 50°C/ 120°F and the unit turned off (safety function).
How it triggers
This icon will trigger when the Overtemperature Sensor reads a temperature above 50°C/ 120°F.
How to troubleshoot
You do not need to press and hold the blue 'JOOLCA' button to troubleshoot this icon. This icon will turn on by itself.
How to fix this
If your HOTTAP V2 keeps shutting off due to exceeding 50°C/120°F then:
- Adjust your Gas (red dial) towards MIN. This will reduce the amount of gas, and lessen the heat.
- Adjust your Water (blue dial) towards MAX. This will speed up the water, meaning it spends less time collecting heat.
- If the above do not help, you may have a slight blockage in your water supply. Run through these steps to check your water supply.
At a minimum, HOTTAP V2 will heat up your supply water by 20°C/ 68°F. So, if your supply water is already above 30°C/ 86°F, HOTTAP V2 will heat it above 50°C/120°F - and shut down.
- In this case you can remove the D-cell batteries and run the HOTTAP V2 without it turning on. You will still get the regular shower experience, without from the heat!