The Joolca FLOTAP has been extensively engineered and tested to push water over a long distance so you will easily be able to push water over 20-30 metres.
Although the pump is also able to pull water due to its specific design it is much better at pushing hence if you are pulling water expect around 1.8m pulling vertically and around 5 metres depending on angle of slope.
As you can see from the above the best way to set the pump up is close to your water source and lead the longer hose all the way to the camp site. This will allow you to fully appreciate the systems capability and truly enjoy that hot shower in the bush!
You might also be interested in a quick set up guide for operating the HOTTAP v2, which can be found here
- Remove the red plugs from the inlet and outlet of the pump.
- Snap the hoses onto the quick-connect fittings on the water inlet and outlet.
- Set up your filter for intended use - i.e. with or without the intake collar - and attach to end of pump inlet hose. Drop or throw filter into water source.
- Observing the flow direction of the pump, attach the pump outlet hose to the blue quick-connect fitting on the Hottap.
- Plug the lighter port cable into the pump and connect to power.
- Press the power button on the pump, leaving it in the “on” position. You can now start and stop the pump (as well as the Hottap) simply by flicking the switch on the shower or faucet handle.