Learn how to supply power to your pump using different power sources, including the Joolca Power Bank, a wall socket (using the Joolca 12V Power Supply Adaptor), portable power stations, your car, 240.0V (120.0V) power, and small 12.0V batteries.
- Click here to learn about Joolca pump specifications.
- Click here to purchase the Joolca Power Bank.
- Click here to purchase the Joolca 12V Power Supply Adaptor.
The Joolca pump runs on 12.0V power and can draw up to 5.8A per hour.
Using a 12.0V power supply, and:
- Setting the HOTTAP to LOW flow; the Joolca pump draws up to 5.0A.
- Setting the HOTTAP to HIGH flow; the Joolca pump draws up to 3.5A.
The Joolca pump comes with a 5m (16ft) cigarette socket to 2.1 mm cable. The cable has a 10.0A fuse.
As a rule of thumb, if you are using a portable power supply (e.g., a portable power station) make sure to keep it above 40% charge level. Most portable batteries will drop below 12V at under 40% charge, and will therefore under-supply your pump, causing your pump to have reduced flow and reduced pressure.
Using the Joolca Power Bank
Use the DC to DC cable, included with the Joolca Power Bank, and plug the Power Bank directly into your Joolca pump.
- The Joolca pump connected to the Joolca Power Bank.
Using a wall socket
You can run the Joolca pump on 240.0V (120.0V) power (e.g., plug the power supply into your wall socket at home) by using the Joolca 12V Power Supply.
Using a portable power station
Use the included cigarette socket cable, you can plug your Joolca pump directly into a portable power station (into the cigarette socket port).
Suggested: Jackery Explorer 240
When deciding on a portable power station, consider how many "Ah" (amp hours) it holds. For example:
- The 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah) Jackery battery will supply 2-3 hours of use for your Joolca pump.
- The 400 watt-hour (33.0Ah) YETI battery will supply 4-5 hours of user for your Joolca pump.
Using your car
Use the included cigarette socket cable, you can plug your Joolca pump directly into the cigarette socket port inside your car.
Using a 12.0V battery
You can use a 12.0V car, motorbike, or small vehicle battery to power your Joolca pump. You will need to get a either:
- A female cigarette socket to alligator lead adaptor (with a fuse), or
- Female cigarette socket to eye terminal adaptor (with a fuse)
You can then use this adaptor to connect your included cigarette socket cable to the 12.0V battery.
Make sure that your battery has at least 18.0Ah - which will supply 2-3 hours of use for your Joolca pump.