Learn how to setup your Joolca pump to pump long distances.
The set up
The Joolca pump was designed to push water by 20m (65ft) up a small incline.
- Setup your Joolca pump within 2m (6.6ft) of the water source.
- Place the inlet hose into the water.
- Attach the 20m (65ft) extension hose into the pump outlet.
- Run the 20m (65ft) extension hose up to your HOTTAP.
Set up FAQs
- The Joolca pump is designed to push water (and not pull water).
- The Joolca pump is self-priming up to 1.8m (5.9ft) vertically.
- Avoid bends and angles in your hosing, as this will result in water flow and water pressure losses.
- Monitor your battery/power supply level. Pumping long distances will be demanding on the pump, so you need to keep a high charge level in your battery/power source.
- Joolca hoses have an internal diameter of 9mm (3/8 inch). You can also use 12mm (1/2 inch) hosing to pump long distances.